Sometimes I am able to whip together a meal that surprises me how delicious it ends up being. I am trying to keep track of the meals that feed my body and nourish my soul. For whatever reason, this meal ended up being a soul nourishing meal for me. While I’m struggling in the darkness, I thought I could share a little bit of light. I apologize for the almost empty bowl of chicken salad and the partially eaten bagel. I did not think the meal would end up being anything special and did not think I would need before photos.
YUMMY CHICKEN SALAD ON A BUDGET
- 10 oz. can White Chicken
- Miracle Whip (added to taste) *used three medium sized blobs (I’m no Rachel Ray)*
- Diced Celery (as desired) *used roughly 1/4 of a medium sized stalk*
- Diced Onion (as desired) *used roughly 1/4 of a small onion*
- Mini-sized Bagels
- Butter (as desired)
- Cutting Board
- Frying Pan
- Open and strain the can of chicken. Dice chicken to desired consistency. Personally I dice mine into tiny little chunks.
- Dice the celery and onions in a similar fashion.
- Combine in a bowl.
- Stir in Miracle Whip until the taste is right for you. I literally squeezed three decent blobs out of the jar of Miracle Whip.
- Be prepared to add in another can of chicken or more celery and onions in the offchance you put too much in the bowl.
- If you like cool chicken salad, place in the refrigerator while preparing the bagels.
Prepping the Bagels
- Take the frying pan and turn on medium heat.
- Butter the bagel and place a little butter in the pan.
- Place the buttered side of the bagels face down to brown. This took about one or two minutes for me.
- Don’t leave the bagels because it doesn’t take long to get them crispy.
- Once the bagels are browned and crispy, lay open faced on a plate and top with chicken salad.